The SEABC Vancouver chapter has created a decentralized library for its members. This library originated from the “Notable Book List” that Paul Fast distributed in 2018 and 2019, which comprised of books that might be interesting or inspiring reading for the practicing structural engineer. Many of the books on the list were regarding the topic of structural engineering but also went beyond including geometry, architecture, geology, and history.
In 2020, SEABC Vancouver chapter collected most of these books, in addition to many others, and are offering them for check-out from its member branches. Branches are created by volunteers within the Vancouver engineering community who have offered to house a portion of the books in the library at their office. Members check-out and return books by arranging a pick-up/drop-off time with the librarian (volunteering engineer) of a particular branch.
The library is for members and by members so if there is a particular book you would like to see in the collection, please do not hesitate to contact one of our librarians and we can look into procuring it.
Accessing the library
Access to the library is available to all SEABC members. Please follow the below steps to setup your library account:
- Register for a new Librika account at https://librarika.com/users/register.
- Receive verification email and verify the email address.
- Log into https://librarika.com using your new account.
- Click on “Request Member Access” button at My Libraries section.
- Enter full URL of the library (URL: https://seabc.librarika.com) and submit the request.