Membership in the Structural Engineers Association of British Columbia (SEABC) is open to individuals and organizations practicing in Structural Engineering:
- Individual members: Structural and civil engineers who are practicing structural engineering, and engineers in training (E.I.T.), registered as a professional engineer or E.I.T. with a provincial or territorial association or state licensing board. The annual membership fee is $85.
- Corporate members: Corporate membership is not currently active. Companies paying for staff will have “sponsorship” status and will be recognized in turn.
- Associate members: Technologists, non-structural engineers, and engineering students. The annual membership fees is $85, and is waived for full-time students.
- Affiliate members: Individual members of organisations who share the interests of the society.
- Retired members: Individuals that qualify for individual or associate membership, are over the age of 65 years, and have an annual professional revenue less than $20,000. The annual membership fee is $25.
- Honorary members: May be awarded by the directors to any person of acknowledged eminence in structural engineering or related science.
For more information on acceptance and voting rights, please refer to the SEABC Bylaws.
Benefits of Membership
SEABC members receive e-mail notification of upcoming events including the following:
- free monthly evening seminars
- social events
- special technical seminars presented by the SEABC
- access to video recording of past evening seminars and select special technical seminars
- special technical seminars presented by other organizations, e.g. UBC, CSCE
- courses offered in the Certificate in Structural Engineering Program
Members are also entitled to discounted registration fees at the special technical seminars presented by the SEABC.
You can renew your membership online for the next year anytime from November 1. To renew, please go to your Membership Dashboard and follow the prompts.
If you prefer to pay your annual membership fee by cheque, send a cheque to:
201-288 West 8th Avenue
Please clearly mark your payment with the member name(s) and membership number(s).
Bulk renewals are not supported using the online payment facility at this time. To renew for multiple people in your organisation, please check a bulk membership renewal form.
Enter the names and membership numbers of members to renew, and return with cheque payment to the SEABC Registrar.
Please address membership application and renewal questions to membership(Replace this parenthesis with the @ sign)seabc.ca.