The September 2022 Term will run Tuesdays – Thursdays between September 6 and December 1, 2022.
SEPTEMBER 2022 TERM COURSES RETURN TO THE CLASSROOM & LIVE WEBCAST!
- September 2022 course format: ALL courses will be offered Live Webcast, however select courses will be simultaneously offered in-person at the UBC Robson Campus.
- Classroom location is UBC Robson Square, Room C485 – 800 Robson Street, Vancouver, BC
- Five courses will be offered this term: each course is once a week for 2 hours in the evening.
- Course times to be determined: either 4:00-6:00pm or 6:30-8:30pm PST
- Courses are 13 consecutive weeks; some courses will include a mid-term break.
September 2022 Term Courses
- C4-1 Introduction to Earthquake Engineering & Seismicity
Course Coordinator: Carlos Ventura Course date/time: Tuesdays, Sept. 6 – Nov. 29, 2022, 6:30pm – 8:30pm PST
- More information
- E21 Design of Two-Way Slab NEW COURSE!
Course Coordinator: John Pao Course date/time: Tuesdays, Sept. 6 – Nov. 29, 2022, 4:00pm – 6:00pm PST
- E24 Introduction to Ports and Marine Structures Course Coordinator: Hugo Ghalibafian Course date/time: Thursdays, Sept. 8 – Dec. 1, 2022, 4:00pm – 6:00pm PST
- E25 Structural Health Monitoring
Course Coordinator: Yavuz Kaya Course date/time: Thursdays, Sept. 8 – Dec. 1, 2022, 6:30pm – 8:30pm PST
- E29 Python for Structural Engineers NEW COURSE! (Live Webcast format only)
Course Coordinator: Bishnu Pandey Course date/time: Wednesdays, Sept. 7 – Nov. 30, 2022, 6:00pm – 8:00pm PST
- Classroom: $500 + GST
- Live Webcast: $700 + GST
Course Registration is intended for individuals only and is not intended to be shared with anyone else other than the registrant. If any student wishes to share any of the lectures with anyone else, please seek permission from the Program Administrator, Shannon Remillong at course(Replace this parenthesis with the @ sign)seabc.ca. Special permission to share lectures may be evaluated and possibly granted depending on the circumstances presented to the Administrator.
The Certificate in Structural Engineering Program offers courses on a wide range of structural engineering topics.
In addition to promoting the Certificate in Structural Engineering, we also welcome auditing of courses:
- Credit: Take a course with the goal of obtaining a final grade of 68% of higher, a Certificate in Structural Engineering will be provided.
- Audit: Take a course to expand your knowledge, without an evaluation of assignments or exams. Letter of audit will be provided.
- SEABC members: $50 per course reduction in tuition.
- “Early Bird” registration: $50 per course reduction in tuition for online registrations received and mail-in registration postmarked on or by Friday, August 19, 2022.
Register on the Certificate Program website (powered by Class-Bit). Pay by credit card (PayPal) or Cheque.
REGISTRATION WILL OPEN MONDAY JULY 4, 2022
- Registration open: Monday, July 4, 2022.
- Early-bird deadline: Friday, August 19, 2022.
- Registration will remain open until Monday, September 5, 2022.
- First lecture: week of September 6, 2022.
- Last lecture: week of December 1, 2022.
- Withdrawal Deadline: Monday, September 19, 2022 ($75 administration fee will be applied to refund of course registration fee).
Student Code of Conduct
Please address questions on courses and registration to the Shannon Remillong, Certificate Program Executive Assistant, at courses(Replace this parenthesis with the @ sign)seabc.ca.
April 2022 Term Courses
C56 Practical Topics in Bridge Engineering 2: Asset Management & Supplemental Topics
E11 National Building Code (NBC) Part 4 – Structural Design
C5 Topics in Practical Structural Design
E16-3 Cables and Cable Systems 3
Course Notes and Recordings
Members that are enrolled for the current term can access course notes and course lecture recordings in the Open the Certificate Program website (powered by Class-Bit) up to six months from last day of the course.