The January 2022 Term will run Mondays through Thursdays between January 3 and March 31, 2022.
JANUARY 2022 TERM COURSES WILL BE OFFERED LIVE WEBCAST VERSION ONLY.
- January 2022 courses will be on-line format only
- Six courses will be offered this term: each course is once a week for 2 hours in the evening.
- Courses are 13 consecutive weeks; some courses will include a mid-term break.
January 2022 Term Courses
- C8 Geotechnical Aspects of Foundation Design
Course Coordinator: Dharma Wijewickreme Course date/time: Wednesdays, Jan. 5 – Mar. 30, 2022, 6:30 – 8:30pm PST
- C13 Structural Steel Design for Buildings
Course Coordinator: Andy Metten Course date/time: Thursdays, Jan. 6 – Mar. 31, 2022, 4:00 – 6:00pm PST
- C52 Bridge Conceptual Design 1
Course Coordinator: Grant Fraser Course date/time: Tuesdays, Jan. 4 – Mar. 29, 2022, 6:30 – 8:30pm PST
- C55 Practical Topics in Bridge Engineering 1 NEW COURSE!
Course Coordinator: Keith Holmes Course date/time: Tuesdays, Jan. 4 – Mar. 29, 2022, 4:00 – 6:00pm PST
- More information
Detailed Course Outline
- E16-2 Cables and Cable Systems 2 NEW COURSE!
Course Coordinator: Derek Hutchinson Course date/time: Mondays, Jan. 3 – Mar. 28, 2022, 4:00 – 6:00pm PST
- E10 Structural Analysis Fundamentals: A Refresher Course Coordinator: Bishnu Pandey Course date/time: Mondays, Jan. 3 – Mar. 28, 2022, 6:30 – 8:30pm PST
- In-Class and Live webcast $650 + GST.
Course Registration is intended for individuals only and is not intended to be shared with anyone else other than the registrant. If any student wishes to share any of the lectures with anyone else, please seek permission from the Program Administrator, Shannon Remillong at course(Replace this parenthesis with the @ sign)seabc.ca. Special permission to share lectures may be evaluated and possibly granted depending on the circumstances presented to the Administrator.
The Certificate in Structural Engineering Program offers courses on a wide range of structural engineering topics.
In addition to promoting the Certificate in Structural Engineering, we also welcome auditing of courses:
- Credit: Take a course with the goal of obtaining a final grade of 68% of higher, a Certificate in Structural Engineering will be provided.
- Audit: Take a course to expand your knowledge, without an evaluation of assignments or exams. Letter of audit will be provided.
- SEABC members: $50 per course reduction in tuition.
- “Early Bird” registration: $50 per course reduction in tuition for online registrations received and mail-in registration postmarked on or by Friday, December 17, 2021.
Register on the Certificate Program website (powered by Class-Bit). Pay by credit card (PayPal) or Cheque.
REGISTRATION WILL OPEN NOVEMBER 15, 2021
- Registration open: Monday, November 15, 2021.
- Early-bird deadline: Friday, December 17, 2021.
- Registration will remain open until Monday, January 3, 2022.
- First lecture: week of January 4, 2022.
- Last lecture: week of March 31, 2022.
- Withdrawal Deadline: Monday, January 17, 2022 ($75 administration fee will be applied to refund of course registration fee).
Student Code of Conduct
Please address questions on courses and registration to the Shannon Remillong, Certificate Program Executive Assistant, at courses(Replace this parenthesis with the @ sign)seabc.ca.
September 2021 Term Courses
C12 Practical Design of Reinforced Concrete
E13 Computer Software Applications in Structural Engineering
E15 Applications of Dynamic Analysis for Seismic Design of Structures
E16-1 Introduction to Cables and Cable Systems 1
Members that are enrolled for the current term can access course notes on the Open the Certificate Program website (powered by Class-Bit).