The April 2020 Term will run on Tuesdays and Thursdays between April 7 and July 2.
DUE TO CURRENT GLOBAL HEALTH CONCERNS THE APRIL 2020 TERM COURSES WILL BE OFFERED AS LIVE WEBCAST VERSION ONLY.
PLEASE NOTE AT THIS TIME THE FOLLOWING INFORMATION IS APPLICABLE ONLY TO THE APRIL 2020 TERM.
- April 2020 courses will be held ON-LINE ONLY and NOT at the UBC Robson venue. .
- All courses will also be available via live webcast.
- Courses are once a week for 2 hours at either 4:00-6:00 PM or 6:30-8:30 PM PST.
- Courses are 13 consecutive weeks.
April 2020 Term Courses
- E7 Seismic Strengthening of Existing Structures – this course is POSTPONED until next year
Instructor: John Sherstobitoff
Tuesdays 4:00 – 6:00 PM
- E25 Real-Time Structural Vibration Data Analysis – Structural Health Monitoring
Instructor: Yavuz Kaya
Tuesdays 4:00 – 6:00 PM
- C12 Practical Design of Reinforced Concrete – ALMOST FULL!
Instructor: John Pao
Tuesdays 6:30 – 8:30 PM
- C13 Structural Steel Design for Buildings- ALMOST FULL!
Instructor: Andy Metten
Thursdays 4:00 – 6:00 PM
- E13 Computer Software Applications in Structural Engineering
Instructor: Armin Bebam Zadeh
Thursdays 6:30 PM – 8:30 PM
- Live webcast $650 + GST.
- SEABC members: $50 per course reduction in tuition.
- “Early Bird” registration: $50 per course reduction in tuition for online registrations received and mail-in registration postmarked on or by Friday, March 13th, 2020.
Register on the Certificate Program website (powered by Class-Bit). Pay by credit card (PayPal) or Cheque:
REGISTRATION WILL OPEN FRIDAY FEBRUARY 7.
- Registration open: Friday, February 7.
- Early bird deadline: Friday, March 13.
- Registration close: Monday, April 6.
- First lecture: Tuesday, April 7 and Thursday, April 9.
- Last Lecture: Tuesday, June 30 and Thursday, July 2.
- Withdrawal Deadline: April 20 ($75 administration fee will be applied to refund of course registration fee).
Student Code of Conduct
January 2020 Term Courses
- C5 Topics in Practical Structural Design
Instructor: Freddy Pina
- Thursdays 6:30pm – 8:30pm
- C11 Light Timber Design for Residential/Commercial Buildings
Instructor: Robert Jirava
- Tuesdays 6:30pm – 8:30pm
- C50 Highway Bridge Design Loadings & Load Rating
Instructor: Darrel Gagnon
- Thursdays 4:00pm – 6:00pm
- E22 Introduction to Heavy Timber
Instructor: Joel Hampson
- Tuesdays 4:00pm – 6:00pm
Please address questions on courses and registration to the Shannon Remillong (Certificate Program Executive Assistant) at courses(Replace this parenthesis with the @ sign)seabc.ca.
Members that are enrolled for the current term can access course notes on the Open the Certificate Program website (powered by Class-Bit).