Upcoming SEABC and Industry Events
Certificates in Structural Engineering Program
The January 2024 Term will run Tuesdays – Thursdays between January 9 and April 4, 2024.
- All courses will be offered simultaneously In-Person and/or Live Webcast. Please note: from time to time delivery format can change upon the discretion of the planning committee.
- In-Person location: UBC Robson Square – 800 Robson Street, Vancouver, BC V6Z 3B7
- Four courses will be offered this term: each course is once a week for 2 hours in the evening.
- Course start and end times are varied, please see course details below.
- Courses are 13 consecutive weeks (12 – 2 hour lectures + 1 class for final exam/project); some courses will include a mid-term break.
January 2024 Term Courses
- E11 National Building Code Part 4: Structural Design (In-Person & Webcast format)
Course Coordinator: John Pao Course date/time: Tuesdays, January 9 – April 2, 2024 (4:00 – 6:00pm PST)
- E22 Introduction to Heavy Timber Design (In-Person & Webcast format) Course Coordinator: Jackson Pelling Course date/time: Tuesdays, January 9 – April 2, 2024 (6:30 – 8:30pm PST)
- E25 Structural Health Monitoring (Webcast format only) Course Coordinator: Yavuz Kaya Course date/time: Thursdays, January 11 – April 4, 2024 (4:00 – 6:00pm PST)
- E10 Structural Analysis Fundamentals: A Refresher (Webcast format only)
Course Coordinator: Bishnu Pandey Course date/time: Wednesdays, January 10 – April 3, 2024 (5:30 – 7:30pm PST)