SEABC often assists Engineers and Geoscientists BC (formerly APEGBC) to compile structural engineering practice guidelines.
Current Practice Guidelines
- The Engineers and Geoscientists BC practice resources web page contains a comprehensive list of current practice guidelines.
- Technical and Practice Bulletin – Structural, Fire Protection and Building Envelope Professional Engineering Services for 5 and 6 Storey Wood Frame Residential Building Projects
Engineers and Geoscientists BC technical and practice bulletin in conjunction with SEABC Professional Practice Committee, April 2009, Revised June 2013
- Professional Practice Guidelines – Designing Guards for Buildings
Engineers and Geoscientists BC practice guidelines in conjunction with SEABC Professional Practice Committee, May 2013
Archived Technical Papers and Articles of Interest
Over the years, SEABC (and the Division of Structural Engineers before it) and its members played an active role in compiling practice guidelines and reporting on structural engineering issues of the day. The documents below are provided for archival purposes only — for current practice guidelines, please refer to the Engineers and Geoscientists BC practice resources web page instead.
- Guidelines For Structural Engineering Services For Building Projects, February 1993
- Guidelines for Professional Excellence, January 1994
- Guideines for Professional Structural Concept Review, August 1994
- Practice Review (Why Me? (DSE Newsletter June 1995)
- Preliminary “Guidelines” for the Non-Linear Analysis and Design of Hysteretic (Displacement Dependent) Energy Dissipation Devices in Buildings
Paper by D.L. Anderson P.Eng., R.H. DeVall P.Eng., R.J. Loeffler P.Eng., C.E. Ventura P.Eng., 1999
- ATC-20 Procedures used to Evaluate Damaged Buildings near World Trade Center
ATC News Bulletin, November 2001
- Wenchuan Earthquake May 12th, 2008. EERI/GEER Reconnaissance Team Field Report 8/3/08 to 8/11/08
by David A. Friedman, SE Senior Principal & Board Chair, Forell/Elsesser Engineers Inc. and Kenneth J. Elwood, PhD, P.Eng. Associate Professor, University of British Columbia, 2008
- Fire Rating of Seismic Bracing Draft Proposal November 4, 2008 (Revision 1)
Draft proposal by SEABC Technical Committee, November 2008