The SEABC photo competition is back!
Put your great summer photos (or album of past favourites) to good use by entering them in the SEABC Photo Competition.
We welcome photo submissions with a structural engineering theme – an exciting new structure, a familiar or not-so-familiar older structure, close-up of a structural component, a structural system in an architectural context, people or traffic carrying, water retaining, post-construction or mid-construction stage, inspection or maintenance, etc.
Up for grabs is a cash prize of $500 for the winner. We will use the winning photo and other great submission on the SEABC website, e.g. as the featured photo of the month.
Members can enter up to five photos.
The closing time for submissions is 10 PM on October 29.
Please submit your photo(s) to photo-competition(Replace this parenthesis with the @ sign)seabc.ca together with the following information:
- Your name.
- For each photo submitted:
- Name of the copyright holder. If you did not take the picture yourself, then state the name of the individual or firm that is holds the copyright.
- If you are not the copyright holder, then confirm that the copyright holder granted permission that you submit the photo.
- Description of the photo, e.g. name and location of the structure.
- Confirm that you grant SEABC unlimited and royalty free use of submitted photos.
- Eligibility: The contest is open to all members of the SEABC with their membership in good standing.
- Method of entry: Photo submissions must be made through the official channel before the closing time.
- Number of submissions: There is a limit of five photos per person.
- Format and size: Submitted photos must be in JPEG format with a smaller dimension of 1,000 pixels or more (higher resolution preferred).
- Authenticity: Basic editing of photos (including colour enhancement, the use of filters, and cropping) is acceptable, provided such editing does not affect the authenticity of the photos. (Preferably, retain the original EXIF metadata information in the JPEG file.)
- No markings: There must not be borders or superimposed logos, copyright or other marks on the images.
- Structural engineering theme: Photos must display some element of structural engineering.
- British Columbia connection: Photos must be set in British Columbia or, if elsewhere, the structural design must have been performed by an SEABC member.
- Copyright: The contestant must hold the copyright to the submitted material or, if the copyright holder is a third party, have the permission of the copyright holder to submit it to this competition.
- Permission to use photos: Submission of photos will not transfer copyright. However, the copyright holder grants SEABC unlimited and royalty free use of any submitted photos. Usage examples include (but are not limited to): the SEABC website photo of the month, feature photo in the SEABC newsletter, stock photo for marketing an SEABC event. SEABC will endeavour to credit the copyright holder where practical.
- Automatic disqualification: Submissions that do not conform to all the rules, will be disqualified.
- Prize: There will be one cash prize of $500.
- Judging: SEABC will appoint a panel of judges who will have sole discretion in deciding the winner.
- All rights reserved: SEABC reserves the right to modify the rules of the competition for sake of practicalities. This includes (but is not limited to) extending the competition entry date or cancelling the competition due to low number of submissions.